Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm Baaack!

It's been a long time since I've been here.  I got myself really hung up on the idea that I needed to have something deep and long and inspiring to say before I could post to my blog.  As you can see, those moments have been few and far between.

But recently I got to thinking, maybe my expectations needed an adjustment.  I love microblogging.  I post regularly to my PLN on Plurk and to my Facebook page.  I read the short posts of others in these places daily.  Maybe I should think smaller when it comes to my blog.

So, here I am once again attempting to be a "real blogger."  My goal is to post at least once a week, focusing on 3 topics/categories.


Lessons My Granddaughter Taught Me will be short posts reflecting on just that - things I learn about life and learning while spending time with my granddaughter.  When you take the time to really listen to a child and reflect on what they say, how they learn, and what they think, it's amazing the things you can learn!


This summer, while attending the ISTE Conference in Denver, I attended a session presented by Will Richardson about how technology can put us in a position to really make a difference in the world.  This presentation inspired me to strive to reflect on my professional practice and my personal life and look for ways, big and small, that I can make a difference regularly.  My Make a Difference posts will share those moments when I think I have made a difference or when I've had the privilege of observing someone else making a difference.

Finally, we all face challenges in our personal lives as well as in our professional lives.  Being an educator and a technologist in this time of economic strife and ethical, moral, and safety issues, isn't always easy.  There may be times when my posts will reflect on these issues under the category of Breathing Through Jello.


It's my hope that being a "real blogger" again will lead to a feeling of personal and professional fulfillment for me.  I hope it won't lead to a feeling of boredom for you!  Perhaps something I say will spark something in you.  I hope you will leave me comments and let me know what you are thinking.

1 comment:

Will Richardson said...

Hey Lori,

What a great idea. Glad you found inspiration in Denver.

Best,

Will