Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lessons My Granddaughter Taught Me - Lesson #2 - The Power of Recognition

My granddaughter was about to burst when I picked her up from PreK, brandishing a note from her teacher and a sticker.  "I got a Good News note, Nana! And a sticker!"  Her good news note said that she had played with a new friend today.  Now, if you know my granddaughter, you know that making new friends isn't all that unusual for her.  She loves making new friends and is constantly on a mission to make a friend of anyone she sees.  But what was different this time was that she got recognition for it.  Not anything big, just a note and a sticker from her teacher.  She was so proud and so thrilled that it reminded me of the power recognition holds.

As educators, and as parents, sometimes we are busy and often forget to give that little bit of recognition for a job well done or a small kindness our students, our children, demonstrate.  Yet, how great do even we feel as adults when someone gives us a small nod of recognition or appreciation.  Here's to remembering the power of a Good News Note!

1 comment:

Power Point Presentations said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!
what is a powerpoint