Friday, September 24, 2010

Lessons My Granddaughter Taught Me - Lesson #1 - Do Your Research

My granddaughter attends our district Universal Pre-Kindergarten program and I have the happy job of picking her up each day after school.  One day this week she and I arrived at my car in the parking lot and she announced that my car "is a girl car."  Now I drive a silver Chevy HHR.  It might be considered a 50-something-year-olders type of car, but I couldn't figure out what made it "a girl car," so I asked.  "Well," she said, "You have Cinderella's coach on your antena."  I do have that as my antena topper.  She brought it to me from her recent trip to Disney World.  "And," she said, "Boys don't like Cinderella.  I asked Justin (her cousin) and he's a boy and he said boys don't like Cinderella.  Girls do."

When you have an opinion that is backed up by field research, it's hard to argue with the conclusion!  Leave it to a four year old to remind me of the power of doing your research!

No comments: